Please discuss with your tax advisor your situation before taking any actions by the end of 2017.
CNBC's Sharon Epperson discusses money-saving tax moves before the current tax code changes:
Pay State Income Taxes
- Make Q4 estimated payments now
- Try to pay 2018 real estate taxes
- Not applicable to tax payers in AMT
Boost Charitable Donations
- Only itemizers can take deduction
- Make 2018 donations today
- Use a donor advised fund (DAF)
- Look at miscellaneous expenses
- Tax preparation or advisor fees
- Prepay 2018 fees now
- Check new bracket is lower
- Defer income into next year
- Business owners can delay invoices
Must act by December 31st, 2017!
Digital Wealth, LLC and CNBC are not affiliated. Digital Wealth, LLC does not provide tax advice. This is information only. Please discuss with your tax advisor your situation before taking any actions.